* Founders retain remaining shares * Italdesign has sales of over 100 million euros a year * No financial details given TURIN, Italy, May 25 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen said it was buying a 90.1 percent stake in Italian auto designer Italdesign, without giving any detail on price. Volkswagen chief executive Martin Winterkorn said on Tuesday the purchase would be made through VW's Lamborghini sports car unit. The Giugiaro family will retain the remaining shares. Giorgetto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen buys control of Italdesign car designer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.