(Adds detail, background) GENEVA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder does not expect any support from the global car market this year, he told journalists on Monday at the Geneva car show. "We are not assuming that we will get a large tailwind from the market this year," Pischetsrieder said, adding that he expected the world auto market to grow just 1 percent in 2006. Order inflow for Volkswagen was "not bad," but he did not expect any large pickup in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen CEO sees no support from global market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.