(Adds comments from conference call, share price) FRANKFURT, Aug 24 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen reiterated its financial targets on Wednesday but said major challenges lay ahead and stressed the need to cut its manufacturing costs in order to compete globally. "We do expect an improved operating and pretax profit (in 2005)," Chief Financial Officer Hans Dieter Poetsch told an analysts' conference in London that was broadcast on the Internet, repeating what VW had said in late ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen confirms targets but sees challenges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642