(Recasts with VW denial) FRANKFURT, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG denied on Monday a report that it was on the verge of hiring former DaimlerChrysler executive Wolfgang Bernhard to run its Volkswagen division. "This is nonsense," VW spokesman Dirk Grosse-Leege said in reponse to the Automotive News report that cited VW sources. The industry paper had reported that Bernhard's salary demands were the only item left to negotiate and that the former chief operating officer at Chrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen denies ex-Daimler exec Bernhard to join" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.