(Adds background) FRANKFURT, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG denied on Wednesday market talk that Europe's biggest carmaker might seek to raise fresh capital via a rights issue. "This is coming completely out of thin air. If you just repeat a rumour it does not make it more sensible or more real," a company spokesman said. VW shares came off a session low of 35.65 euros to trade down 0.3 percent at 35.78 euros by 1245 GMT while the DJ Stoxx European car sector index rose 0.2 percent. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen denies market talk of capital increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.