(Adds background, details) FRANKFURT, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Volkswagen , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, has quit exploratory talks with Malaysia's Proton Holdings over possible cooperation but still plans to build up a production base in Southeast Asia. "The Volkswagen group and the Malaysian government have decided not to further pursue for now joint discussions about a cooperation or an equity stake in the Malaysian carmaker Proton Holdings Bhd," the German company said in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen fails again to reach deal with Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.