(Recasts with layoffs, strike, previous Brasilia) SAO PAULO, Brazil, Aug 29 (Reuters) - The Brazilian unit of Volkswagen AG on Tuesday distributed 1,800 job termination letters at its Sao Bernardo do Campo car plant in what could be the beginning of more layoffs and a possible plant closure. Workers at the plant approved a strike starting immediately in response to the firings, which will be effective from November and follow months of negotiations with management. Late on Monday, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen fires 1,800 in Brazil, workers strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.