(Adds details) MOSCOW, May 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen on Monday signed a deal to spend 370 million euros ($472 million) to build an assembly plant in Russia's Kaluga region from August, the Russian Economy Ministry said on Monday. The ministry said in a statement the investment would comprise an initial 270 million euros plus an additional 100 million euros to build a pressing plant. The new plant will have the capacity to produce 115,000 automobiles annually from September 2008, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen to invest 370 mln euros in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.