(adds background, additional market comment) FRANKFURT, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Shares in Volkswagen , Europe's biggest automaker, soared more than 5 percent on Thursday amid market talk that U.S. investor Kirk Kerkorian may plan to build a stake in the German company. "The rumour that is going around is that Kerkorian is buying," said one trader. "The consensus is that who buys now must be a strategic investor because at this price there is no chance of a quick profit." Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen jumps on U.S. investor speculation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642