(Adds company comment, share) FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - In a bid to gain support among its workforce for an austerity drive, Volkswagen management has offered to freeze its own pay for two years, German newspaper Bild reported on Friday without citing sources. According to the paper, the overall salary of managers at Europe's biggest carmaker would hold steady if the 103,000 workers at its six western German VW plants accept the same wage freeze at talks next month. "Everyone will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen managers offer own 2-yr pay freeze-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642