(Adds details, background) MOSCOW, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is considering expanding production at its Kaluga plant in Russia to keep up with demand in Europe's fastest-growing car market, where it aims to become the leading manufacturer. "In one to two years, full production capacity (of 150,000 cars annually) will be needed, and then we need to think about a further expansion of the factory," said Detlef Wittig, head of group sales and marketing at Europe's largest carmaker. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen may expand Russia plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642