* Volkswagen, DRB-HICOM to invest $318 mln * To build Passat models from end 2011, other models from 2012 * Investment may turn Malaysia into regional auto hub-PM Najib (Releads, adds Malaysian details) KUALA LUMPUR/FRANKFURT, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Volkswagen and Malaysian firm DRB HICOM will invest 1 billion ringgit ($318 million) to assemble cars in Malaysia, state news agency Bernama reported on Tuesday, a boost for the country struggling to attract foreign investment. Bernama quoted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen, partner to build Passats in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.