(Adds share price, trader reaction, more background, details) FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG saw a steep plunge in first-quarter earnings but stuck to its goal of an improvement in operating profit in 2004, Europe's largest carmaker said on Friday. Operating profit for the group sank to just 329 million euros ($389.1 million) in the first quarter from 604 million euros a year earlier. VW posted an even sharper decline in net income to 26 million euros from 202 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen Q1 profits plunge, keeps 2004 goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.