(Adds background, detail from quarterly report) FRANKFURT, July 25 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen AG , said on Friday its core profits had fallen by more than half in the second quarter as a strong euro, new product costs and slumping demand took their toll. VW said its operating profit fell to 616 million euros ($708 million) in the three months to the end of June from 1.4 billion a year ago. Its pre-tax profit fell to 679 million -- a narrower decline than analysts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen Q2 core profits halve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.