(Adds background, share price) FRANKFURT, June 23 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is recalling some 44,000 Touran minivans around the world to check potential clutch problems, Europe's biggest carmaker said on Thursday. The move affects 2004 and 2005 models with 2-litre diesel engines and manual six-gear transmissions, it said in a statement, adding the problem could in some cases cause loud noises and force the car to a stop. Volkswagen is trying to reduce quality concerns that led to a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen recalls 44,000 Tourans on clutch glitch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642