(Adds details on recall, background, shares) FRANKFURT, April 28 (Reuters) - Europe's largest carmaker Volkswagen AG said on Wednesday it was recalling 870,000 vehicles worldwide due to problems with their front axle, the firm's third major recall this year. The vehicles affected are Passat models built between 1996 and 1999, Audi A4 and A8s from 1994 to 1999 and Audi A6s built between 1997 and 1999, VW said in a statement. The axle's rubber boots can get damaged, which can "lead to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen recalls 870,000 vehicles woldwide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642