* 4.3 pct pay rise over 13 months will take effect June 1 * Accord includes provisions to hire 3,000 temporary workers * "Very good and acceptable compromise" - labour union IG Metall (Adds background and comments from VW, IG Metall) HANOVER, Germany, May 31 (Reuters) - German car maker Volkswagen agreed with the IG Metall union to raise wages for western German workers by 4.3 percent over 13 months, echoing a pay contract signed by the union for the country's industry-wide ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen's German workers win 4.3 pct pay rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.