(Updates with confirmation of the sale, discount, quote) TOKYO, March 21 (Reuters) - Swedish truck maker Volvo AB said on Tuesday it had bought a 13 percent stake in Japan's Nissan Diesel Motor Co. for 1.5 billion Swedish crowns ($195 million) to strengthen its Asian operations. The stake sale by the Japanese truck maker's car-making affiliate Nissan Motor Co. is at a discount of about 14 percent to stock market value, according to Reuters data. Volvo, the world's second-biggest truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volvo buys 13 pct of Nissan Diesel for $195 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.