(Adds details, share price) STOCKHOLM/NEW DELHI, May 26 (Reuters) - World number two truck maker Volvo and India's Eicher Motors Ltd said on Monday they had finalised an equal joint venture to make trucks in India, sending shares in the Indian firm up 20 percent. Volvo will own 45.6 percent of the joint venture company, called VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd, and buy an 8.1 percent stake in Eicher, leaving it with a direct and indirect ownership in the joint venture of 50 percent, Volvo said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volvo, India's Eicher finalise JV, Eicher shares jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.