(Adds detail, background) STOCKHOLM, April 23 - Global number two truck maker AB Volvo reported first-quarter pre-tax profits on Friday that more than tripled from the year-ago period, helped by cost savings, and forecast strengthening in key markets. Pre-tax profit was 2.88 billion crowns ($373.9 million), beating expectations of 2.02 billion crowns and up on the 2003 figure of 757 million. "The rising volumes, combined with strong demand for the group's new products and the effects ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volvo Q1 surges past forecasts, sees stronger market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642