(Adds comments, detail) BANGALORE, June 22 (Reuters) - Sweden's Volvo will raise its bus and truck capacity in India to meet greater local demand and for exports, a senior company official said on Friday. Volvo, the world's number-two truck maker, will export 1,000 trucks in 2008 from India to new markets including Myanmar, Indonesia, Vietnam and possibly China, Eric Leblanc, managing director at Volvo India Pvt. Ltd., told reporters. "The bus market is fairly flat, but as the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volvo to step up India bus, truck capacity, exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642