* Says to boost production, rehire 700 at U.S. plant * Says retail sales through Feb up 47 pct from previous yr * Shares rise 2.5 percent (Adds details, quote) STOCKHOLM, March 30 (Reuters) - World number two truckmaker Volvo said on Wednesday it would boost production and rehire 700 workers at one of its U.S. plants to meet healthy demand, sending its shares higher. The highly cyclical heavy-duty truck market has picked up strongly in recent quarters with growth spreading out of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volvo Trucks to boost U.S. output, rehire 700" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.