(Adds share price reaction, detail from statement) FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen AG , said on Wednesday its operating profit fell 53 percent in the first nine months due to weak demand, a strong euro and the cost of revamping its Brazilian operations. Operating profits fell to 1.73 billion euros ($2.03 billion) from 3.714 billion in the same period last year, falling slightly short of analysts' expectations. The company also said it expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW 9-month profit halves, misses consensus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.