(Adds market reaction, share price) HANOVER, Germany, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Carmaker Volkswagen and trade union IG Metall agreed on Friday on key points of a restructuring plan that lengthens the work week at six German plants and provides job security beyond 2011. The outlines of the deal, which Europe's biggest carmaker has been pushing for to cut the automotive world's highest labour bill, also call for building the next generation of VW's flagship Golf hatchback at its main Wolfsburg ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW agrees with union on key restructuring points" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642