(Combines VW, BMW comments, adds shares) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, June 30 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest carmaker Volkswagen and luxury peer BMW were gearing up to restart production of their best selling models on Monday after strikes by east German workers ended over the weekend. The stoppages, called off on Saturday after the unions failed to win shorter hours for engineering workers in the former east, hit production of two of Germany's best-loved auto exports -- VW's ubiquitous ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW, BMW to restart production after strikes end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.