(Adds sources confirming plans for alliance, changes dateline PREVIOUS Frankfurt) DETROIT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - German car maker Volkswagen is in advanced talks with rival DaimlerChrysler about forming an alliance to build a VW minivan for sale in the United States, sources familiar with the situation said on Monday. The deal was first reported by Germany's Handelsblatt newspaper in a preview of its Tuesday edition. The paper said Dieter Zetsche, chief executive of DaimlerChrysler's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW, Daimler said near deal on minivan production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.