(Recasts with call to step down from industry group) BERLIN, July 26 (Reuters) - German automaker Volkswagen rebuffed accusations about waging an unfair price war in Europe by demanding that Fiat Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne step down as chairman of European auto trade group ACEA. Marchionne, who is also head of U.S. automaker Chrysler, had said Volkswagen was being too aggressive in its pricing strategy when conditions are already tough in the European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW demands Fiat chief step down as trade group head" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.