(Recasts with Volkswagen denial) FRANKFURT, July 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen denied on Friday a Financial Times newspaper report that it planned to step up sales discounts and advertising in North America to help rebuild market share and improve relations with disgruntled dealers. Europe's biggest carmaker is using incentives to help keep up U.S. sales of its Passat model before a new version arrives later this year but that did not represent a change of strategy, a VW spokesman said. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW denies it to step up North American incentives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642