(Adds details, background) MUNICH, March 18 (Reuters) - Volkswagen Financial Services AG steered clear of risky assets backed by shaky U.S. mortgage loans but still expects refinancing costs to rise this year, it said on Tuesday. "We have no subprime investments so we don't have any need for such writedowns. As a result we can look upon the turbulences in capital markets with a certain calmness," division head Burkhard Breiing said in remarks prepared for a news conference. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW Financial Services steers clear of subprime mess" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642