* Luxury car-maker lands bumper profit thanks to VW hedges * Bets on VW lifts H1 profit to twice sales * Windfall comes from Volkswagen short squeeze (Adds background, detail) FRANKFURT, March 31 (Reuters) - Porsche SE landed a 6.8 billion euro ($8.99 billion) windfall from its share options in Volkswagen during the first half, lifting its pretax profit to more than twice its revenue. The European automotive group said on Tuesday that earnings before tax rose to 7.3 billion euros ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW hedges give Porsche 6.8 bln eur windfall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.