(Adds details) SHANGHAI, Sept 30 (Reuters) - German auto giant Volkswagen AG said on Tuesday it will invest 240 million euros ($278.6 million) with a Chinese partner in a venture to produce high-grade engines in Shanghai that should start up by 2005. The plant, a venture with strategic partner Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, will be designed to crank out 180,000 engines a year initially, rising to 300,000 eventually, said Volkswagen spokesman Michael Wilkes. Volkswagen now maintains ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW to invest in 240 mln euros China engine JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642