* VW formally launches bid for truck maker MAN * Cash offer to be 95 euros per MAN SE ordinary share * Offer period runs until June 29 * MAN shares unchanged at 96.55 euros, Scania up 0.5 percent (Adds details, background)) FRANKFURT, May 31 (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen formally launched a planned bid for truck maker MAN in a move toward forging Europe's biggest truckmaker. VW Chairman Ferdinand Piech has been itching to combine MAN and truck maker Scania to take on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW motors ahead with with truck merger plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642