(Adds background, detail, share) FRANKFURT, July 21 (Reuters) - Volkswagen paid nearly 2 million euros ($2.43 million) to the Indian state of Andhra Pradeshas compensation for misdealings linked to a bribery scandal, Europe's largest carmaker said on Thursday. "Volkswagen ... will hold those responsible accountable for the financial damages that have arisen," the company said in a statement, adding that it would enlist the support of officials from the Indian state. VW said that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW pays Indian state of Andhra Pradesh 2 mln euros" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.