* VW backs outlook for 2012 * VW expects to increase deliveries and revenue * VW has goal to match 2011 operating profit (Adds background throughout) BERLIN, April 26 (Reuters) - Volkswagen boosted operating profit by 10 percent in the first quarter despite shrinking demand for vehicles in the carmaker's western European core markets and spending on a technology overhaul. Operating profit increased to 3.21 billion euros ($4.22 billion) from 2.91 billion euros a year earlier, the German ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW posts surprise Q1 profit gain amid record sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.