(Adds detail, background, shares) INGOLSTADT, Germany, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Germany's Audi said on Wednesday pre-tax profit fell over 11 percent to 1.11 billion euros ($1.4 billion) in 2003, meaning Volkswagen's luxury unit alone generated over 70 percent of VW's profits. Audi, which the year before had accounted for just under one third of the pre-tax earnings at at Europe's biggest carmaker, said in a statement that net profit rose five percent to 816 million euros last year. Audi said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW unit Audi says sees stable 2004 earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.