(Adds background, details, share price) By Jan Schwartz HAMBURG, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , Europe's biggest carmaker, achieved five percent growth in unit sales in September but the rate slowed to 2.5 percent in October, a company source told Reuters on Tuesday. The German carmaker, which analysts expect to post a 30 percent drop in third-quarter pre-tax profit on Wednesday, has stopped publishing monthly sales data, a key indicator of performance in between earnings reports. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW unit sales growth slows in Oct-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.