(Adds analysts' quotes, share price, background) By Michael Steen FRANKFURT, July 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , Europe's biggest carmaker, posted stronger than expected second-quarter earnings on Tuesday but watered down its profit outlook for the whole year. Despite weak demand in its key markets of Europe, the United States and South America, the firm said second-quarter pre-tax profits rose 13.5 percent on a year ago to 1.266 billion euros ($1.24 billion). For the first half of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW waters down outlook after strong Q2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.