(Recasts with VW comment) FRANKFURT, June 16 (Reuters) - German car maker Volkswagen AG would not confirm a newspaper report on Wednesday that it was considering stepping up its two billion euro ($2.4 billion) cost-cutting plan because of domestic market weakness. "I cannot confirm that," company spokesman Thomas Mickeleit said when asked about the Financial Times report, adding Volkswagen would never comment on its internal thought process even should any such plans exist. Citing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW won't confirm it weighing more cost cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.