(Adds details) BARCELONA, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Sales and profits at Volkswagen AG's Spanish unit SEAT both fell last year, SEAT said on Thursday, falling short of the company's goals to keep both figures steady. Net profit fell to 134 million euros ($170.8 million) from 203 million euros in 2002, while sales fell to 5.52 billion euros from 5.62 billion, SEAT said. SEAT's statement gave no explanation for the drop, but carmakers faced tough conditions in many European markets last year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-VW's SEAT posts drop in 2003 profit, sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642