(New throughout) NEW YORK, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Wachovia Corp. , the No. 4 U.S. bank, on Wednesday said it will propose annual elections for directors and has amended its corporate governance guidelines to require directors running in uncontested elections to obtain a majority of shareholder votes. The Charlotte, North Carolina-based bank said the changes, backed by Chief Executive Ken Thompson, are intended to improve corporate governance. Wachovia plans to recommend that shareholders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Wachovia seeks annual elections for directors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.