(Adds details from speech) By Nicole Maestri KANSAS CITY, Missouri Jan 23 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc must be a "company of the future" that embraces advances such as electronic health records or hybrid cars to drive down costs, keep prices low and tackle issues the government may not be able to solve, its chief executive said on Wednesday. "We live in a time when people are losing confidence in the ability of government to solve problems," said CEO Lee Scott. "But at Wal-Mart, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Wal-Mart outlines vision as 'company of the future'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.