(Recasts, adds closing stock prices) By Alexandria Sage SAN FRANCISCO, June 23 (Reuters) - Financially shaky companies selling nonessential products to U.S. shoppers took a heavy beating from risk-averse investors on Monday, as one investment bank switched course and predicted the consumer sector would continue to falter in coming months. Fears that consumers will shrink away from buying anything they don't really need given the rising jobless rate, housing crisis and higher food and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Weaker consumer cos hit amid ongoing consumer woes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642