* Q2 loss C$0.62/shr vs C$0.20/shr * Sales drop 44 percent to C$49.5 mln * Quarterly loss worse than analyst forecasts TORONTO, July 29 (Reuters) - Wescast Industries Inc reported a larger-than-expected second-quarter loss on Wednesday as the troubles at the big Detroit-based automakers ate into business and sales slumped 44 percent. Wescast, the largest manufacturer of exhaust manifolds for cars and light trucks in North America, said it had a net loss of C$8.1 million ($7.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Westcast battered by recession, Detroit woes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.