(Follows alerts) June 28 (Reuters) - Westport Innovations Inc said it will develop an advanced natural gas engine technology with U.S. car maker General Motors for light-duty vehicles, sending the Canadian company's shares up 9 percent in early trade. Vancouver-based Westport, which supplies alternative fuel and low-emission transportation technologies, and GM are looking to develop a cleaner, lower cost fuel, while advancing the use of domestic energy, Westport said in a statement. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Westport, GM to develop natural gas engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.