* White House says GM has made good progress * US hopeful Chrysler/Fiat deal will be approved (adds GM comments, Chrysler sale) WASHINGTON, May 29 (Reuters) - Chrysler's bankruptcy proceedings show the possibility of an orderly restructuring of a major U.S. carmaker and could be a model for General Motors , the White House said on Friday. "Chrysler is a hopeful example for General Motors," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters. GM is expected to file for Chapter 11 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-White House: Chrysler can be example for GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.