(Recasts, adds quote, background on market trends, byline) By James B. Kelleher CHICAGO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Winnebago Industries Inc , the No. 1 maker of motor homes, said on Thursday that it had begun laying off workers at its plant in Forest City, Iowa, blaming what its spokeswoman characterized as a discouraging and severe slump in sales. The company did not say how many workers would be affected by the layoff, the first since the fall of 2006, when Winnebago laid off 170 employees ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Winnebago cuts jobs as RV sales stall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.