(Adds quotes) BRUSSELS, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Global trade contracted by about 12 percent in 2009 but has started to pick up, the head of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) said on Wednesday. WTO Director General Pascal Lamy said the organisation had revised its previous estimate of a contraction of about 10 percent in 2009 but gave no forecast for 2010. "World trade has also been a casualty of this (global economic) crisis, contracting ... by about 12 percent in 2009," Lamy said during a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-World trade contracted 12 pct in 2009 - WTO's Lamy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.