(Adds details, background) TOKYO, July 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Yamaha Motor Co. will start operations at a second motorcycle factory in Vietnam in October 2008, boosting output by 50 percent in a country that has become the fourth-biggest motorcycle market in the world. Yamaha, the world's second-largest motorcycle maker after Honda Motor Co. Ltd. , said it would invest 5.4 billion yen ($46 million) to build the new plant, which will boost its annual production capacity in Vietnam to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Yamaha to boost Vietnam motorcycle output 50 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.