Jan 29 (Reuters) - Yamaha Motor Co will close its motorcycle factory in Barcelona and move production to France, affecting about 82 percent jobs in the facility, the Nikkei business daily reported. The Japanese motorcycle maker, which shut its Italian plant in 2009, has been assembling two-wheelers for the European market in Spain and France, the Nikkei said. Projecting a slow market recovery, Yamaha has decided to rebuild its loss-making European business and consolidate its production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Yamaha to close Barcelona factory - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642