(Recasts, adds 7-Eleven quote, new Chavez quote, analyst quotes, details) By Erwin Seba HOUSTON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - A week after Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called George W. Bush "the devil," convenience store chain 7-Eleven Inc. said on Wednesday it will stop selling gasoline from Venezuelan-controlled Citgo Petroleum Corp. The Dallas, Texas-based company said in a statement it disapproved of Chavez' comments, but a spokeswoman insisted politics were not part of the decision to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-7-Eleven drops Citgo gasoline after Chavez comment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.